Customer confidence is imperative for small business owners. The more confidence your customer has in you and your business, the more loyal they become. Confident customers make repeat purchases and repeat visits. Confident customers also tell others about your website products or services. They spread the word.
8 Ways to Generate Customer Confidence Into Your Website
1. Quality Content. One of the best ways to communicate your strength in your industry and give your customers confidence is to write quality content. Great content positions you as a credible and trusted source of information.
2. Privacy and Security. A secure transaction with an SSL certificate is important to convince a customer who is ready to make a purchase. The facilities shows customers you value their business and respect their privacy and security.
3. Testimonials. Customer testimonials are social proof. They tell your visitors that you have followed through on your claims and promises. Post testimonials on your landing page and where appropriate throughout your website.
4. Certifications and associations. Any certifications or associations you belong to will also ad credibility to you and your website. They help increase customer confidence when they know you belong to other business organizations. For example, a BBB, Better Business Bureau, certification can be the difference between a purchase and a click away.
5. Contact information. Including your name, address, email and phone number helps people feel reassured that you’re not only a real business, they can get a hold of you if they need to. Place the information on your home page, in the footer is fine. And consider including a “contact” button or page to make your information easy to find.
6. About us page. Use your About page to tell people who you are and help your visitors get to know you. As a small business owner, who you are is often your strongest asset. Tell them your story. How long have you been in this business? What made you get into it? Why do you enjoy it? People like to buy from real people. What is your experience?
7. FAQ. Make sure you have an easy to use customer service system including a FAQ page. When people have questions, they tend to trust those who present the answers up front or make it really easy to find the answers.
Establishing customer confidence on your website is an important strategy. Take a look at your website from your visitor’s perspective. Are you doing everything you can to ensure they have confidence and trust in you?