The idea of customer relationship marketing came when potential customers are less likely to respond to mass marketing communication. This is especially true for online consumers. They have more control on what they want to view and how they view it. For this very reason more and more online businesses turn to relationship marketing.
Want to succeed online? Create relationship with your website visitors. Gather a large list of prospects and customers who trust you by enticing them to subscribe to your newsletter. That’s your most valuable asset. Build an email list of clients who feel grateful to you and value your recommendation and you’re set for life.
Why Care About Customer Relationship Marketing?
Trust is the foundation for building lifetime customers. For small businesses trust is about professional friendship. Prospective clients want to see you as a real person, who over-delivers their expectation, rather than an impersonal web page. You can only win their trust once you have built a strong relationship with them.
With competitors just a mouse click away, customer relationship marketing helps any internet based business deal with qualified visitors. It reduces the impacts of impersonal situation, where you can’t meet your customers in person. But more importantly relationship marketing can help you turn your visitors into prospects and convert them into lifetime customers.
Building Relationship With Your Customers
Customer relationship marketing is a process. It starts the moment you think about building a business and continue as long as you stay in. Use the following tips to apply the customer management concepts to your website.
1. Know your potential customers and what you’re going to offer them. To tailor your marketing approach identify: their demographic and psychographic profiles, their problems, forums or discussion groups they visit, and words they use. Determine their specific needs, how you are going to meet them and why they should listen to you.
2. Keep contacts with subscribers. Try to establish a relationship with each of your prospects, right from the first time they visit your website. Qualified website visitors should be interested in subscribing to your email newsletters. So create long-term relationship with your subscribers by sending quality newsletter at periodic intervals.
3. Follow up. Keep following up by sending quality, relevant information so you remain visible to your subscribers. If you sell a product or a service following up with a customer after the sale is made is a great tactic to strengthen relationship and to decrease refund.
4. Serve your customers well. Answer every request from prospects or customers as soon as you receive them. Help them learn how to use your product or service using videos, manuals, articles and other media. Also, remember to ask for feedback from them to show you care about what they have to say and how important they are to you.
5. Sell or recommend only quality products. Sell only quality products that you can stand behind it. If you promote affiliate products, take the time to investigate the companies you advocate and promote only products from legitimate companies.
No matter what you offer to your prospects and clients, customer relationship marketing is key to the success of your internet business. Using the marketing approach you’ll be on your way to building lifetime customers.