Learning how to build a business website that attracts your target audience is a necessity. In today’s competitive market you’ll need more than just an online presence.
Your audience is looking to make some type of connections with you before they want to buy from you. An effective way to connect with them is show them on your website that you are a real person with a unique personality.
5 Personal Touches You Want to Add to Your Business Website
- Add your own photo. When you read a book, do you ever flip to the inside back cover to see if there’s a picture of the author? The author’s photo may not have any effect on whether you buy his or her book, but a face seems to tell you a lot about someone. In a similar way, adding your photo to your about me page can have tremendous power. It helps your website visitors connect with a real person, not a faceless entity.
- Create audio and video. These two media enhance the effect of your own photo. The video specifically does because people can see you and hear you. When you’re speaking, the way you speak, the things you say and your personality all come across much differently than they do in print. Audio and video create a very personal connection. And it doesn’t have to be anything complicated. A simple welcome message, for example, is a good foundation to start connecting with your potential customers.
- Craft your personal stories. Sometimes it’s tough for business owners to share their personality in their written word, particularly if they’re talking about a subject that is dry. However, sharing personal stories is a great way to interact with your readers and connect with them. You can share hardships, triumphs and even humorous events with your readers. This way lets them feel as if they’re part of your community. Remember, community builds loyalty and loyalty builds profits.
- Start blogging. One easy way to begin forging a personal relationship with visitors is to set up a blog. The blog-style format is much more adaptable for sharing personal experiences. You can write about what’s going on in your industry and other changes that may affect your readers. By keeping your readers up-to-date with your expertise chances are you will be able to show them your industry knowledge and that you are an authority for the field.
- Establish your social network. You want to provide feed subscription for visitors so they can easily subscribe and get content updates. Make sure also you share key ideas published on your website to social media. These allow visitors to see your latest post and comments wherever they find and then start connecting with you. It’s a little thing, but it engages your visitor and may even prompt them to connect with you via Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn.
Now that you have learned about how to build a business website with a personality, just start adding a personal touch to your website. This way you engage visitors and invite them into your community and they can get a sense of who you are as a person. This connection can foster loyalty, repeat visits and eventually repeat purchases, which all result in profits for your small business.