Business website building is one of the key activities that determine the success or failure of an online business.
If you build a great website right from the start potential customers will have a chance to find your business. And you will have an opportunity to build relationships with them.
But, how do you build a business website that works? Try to focus your website development on your target audience needs.
You’ll want to closely look at your ideal customers and those competitors that serve them. Based on that knowledge you will then develop a value proposition that will win their businesses over your competitors.
Here are 3 customer centric business website building tips to carry out that idea.
Business Website Building Basics
People look for specific information online with search engines. They are looking for answers by typing in keywords or phrases on Google.
If you want them to find your webpage, which answers their question, it must appear on the first page of Google’s Search Result.
Here are the steps to implement the above idea:
1. Research keywords — You’ll want to research keywords your audience used, pick ones that accurately answer your audience needs for each stage of their buying cycle, starting from research to buying decision.
2. Build your website — Start creating content and constructing web pages using those keywords. Make sure you use your content to help prospective customers solve their own problems or, at least, show them where they can get a solution.
2. Build backlinks — To get on the first search engine page you will want to build reputations to your content with quality, relevant inbound links from authority sites in your industry.
3. Drive traffic — Search engine visitors are good source of traffic but it takes time. If you want quicker results and at the same time check your website conversion try pay-per-click or media buying traffic.
4. Build relationships — Starting a conversation on your blog post is one way to connect with visitors. Another option is to create a forum where members can discuss topics related to your industry. But you can also offer a free digital download or email newsletter as an exchange for their email addresses.
Profiling Customers For Business Website Building
What do you want to sell? Is it a product, a service or an idea? No matter what product you want to sell give a great deal of thought to your target market.
When you’re just starting out you will want to narrow down your market by finding a niche. Niche is a part of market where the demand for your products is enough and you are within your comfort level in serving it.
Just find the right niche and you can easily qualify your web visitors. Those people will understand your website focus and whether it can satisfy their needs and wants.
To accurately serve your target market you will want to learn about them via surveys and research. This will include creating a demographic (needs) and psychographic profile of your ideal customers.
Demographic is all aspects related to the needs of your customers and psychographic is all things related to their wants.
You will want to translate that findings into “personas.” Personas are fictional characters that represent key aspects –background, goals, challenges and values– of your audiences.
Start your business website building with that personas as a basis for developing look and functionality as well as content that creatively solve their problems.
Business Website Building Tools and Tutorials
Ready to start building your first website? Get the right software and tools first. If you are willing to do it yourself, compare your options and get the easiest to use site creator.
I found an online website maker that is very easy to use for your short-term project. You’ll want to compare it with the self-hosted WordPress and then follow the business website building tutorials below:
1. Set up your content management system (CMS).
Whether you want to create a website or a blog WordPress is the way to go.
The open source CMS allows everyone, including beginners, to create a site. Simply install it on your web hosting account and within minutes you can set up and customize your brand new WordPress website!
2. Create your first website.
If you want to make a website but you feel the above WordPress instruction isn’t clear enough to follow, this tutorial offers more details but easier to follow steps for building the website you’ll be proud of, even if you have never built one.
3. Start creating your webpages.
You have set up your website platform and you want to put your content on your first web page? Learn how to build a web page the right way.
The optimization tips can help make webpages that meet your audience’s needs and search-engine friendly as well.
4. Optimize Meta Tags.
Meta tags are lines of HTML code that summarize webpage content. Today Meta Tags influence in determining a web page’s search engine rank is less and less important.
However, optimizing Meta Tags are still good for addressing visitors’ intent and improving your click-through-rate.
5. Set up a business blog.
Integrating a blog into your website is good for interacting with visitors.
Your blog will help you reach new customers and keep in touch with existing ones. With a regular blog post you can network with prospects and strengthen relationships with customers, which in turn helps grow your business.
What to Do Now?
Start building your first website today! Get business website building tutorial for your first site. Just read the easy-to-follow steps to take actions and you’ll set up your first website in hours.