Getresponse (GR) is a leading autoresponder software that claims to offer the easiest email marketing service. Using Getresponse autoresponder you don’t need any coding or design skills to create email campaigns to keep in touch with prospects and customers. It automates the task of sending any kinds of email messages and with 99% email deliverability.
Getresponse provides tools like a drag-and-drop editor, a form builder and templates that enable you to easily get those tasks done. You can design an impressive newsletter with one of 500+ templates and then customize it with your own graphics.
GetResponse is a brand name owned by Implix. Implix was founded in 1999 by Simon Grabowski to help small businesses improve their email marketing campaigns. Implix maintains offices in the U.S., Canada and Europe and is not a BBB accredited business.
What I like about Getresponse is its integration ability with many applications. This starts from an easy installation of a wordpress plugin that allows you to turn prospects to customers to enabling the newsletter announcements via your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
If you set up an online shop using a WooCommerce plugin you can add all the buyers to subscribe to your list as they complete their orders, directly from the checkout page. Additionally, You can also import contacts you already have at a CRM system like Sugar CRM and then strengthen the relationships with them using email campaigns.
Here are other key features of Getresponse autoresponder:
- Email Intelligence – Track every open, click, unsubscribe, and purchase so you can analyze your campaigns, compare follow-ups and measure site conversions.
- Autoresponder 2.0 – Automate your email marketing follow-up cycles by writing multiple email messages and schedule them in a series.
- Email Creator – Create the right look for your brand with the new drag-and-drop editor and multiple email templates.
- Social Sharing – Social sharing buttons let readers share your newsletters and you can track all the social reactions to find high-impact networks and the most engaged audiences.
- Split Testing – Get the best results from your email campaign by optimizing any element of your message using the A/B testing.
- List Booster – Import contacts directly into your email campaigns from several different services and mail clients, including Gmail, Magento and Salesforce.
- Form Builder – Create sign-up forms and embed them on your websites by choosing from 500+ beautiful templates that suit your business needs.
- Responsive Design – Responsive email design makes all your newsletters look beautiful whether subscribers open them on desktop or smartphone.
My Own Experience with GetResponse
When I started creating an online presence Getresponse was one of the first email marketing services I ever heard about. That name and another one called AWeber were services often mentioned by great internet marketers. But Getresponse’s distinctive difference was the easy to use, even for beginners.
I did compare before deciding on GR and it came down to GetResponse or AWeber. I could not find real difference in their offerings and the only difference was price. So price was the determining factor for me to go with GetResponse.
I haven’t had any experience with AWeber and other services but Getresponse autoresponder service does work as stated. I’ve been using GR for more than 6 years and have no complaints at all. It can accommodate the increasing complexity of my email marketing needs and the growing size of my subscribers. I highly recommend you try the product because it works for me.
Who Needs GetResponse Autoresponder Service
Getresponse autoresponder service has been around for years and has more than 300,000 small and medium business customers. There are lots of testimonials from satisfied users but you can also find a fair number of complaints from former customers.
GetResponse is ideal for micro, small and medium businesses who want to succeed in email marketing campaign. Whether you have less than 500 contacts or more than 20,000 contacts the autoresponder service will meet your email campaign requirements.
The pricing of GetResponse services vary according to the number of subscribers. There is a free email marketing account for up to 100 subscribers. The basic paid package charges $15 monthly for a maximum of 1000 email addresses. If you have up to 2,500 subscribers the cost will be $25 per month and you can upgrade your plan once you exceed that amount of subscribers.
If you’re just starting out the pricing plans are more favorable than the comparable email marketing services like AWeber. AWeber has a fixed $19 monthly cost and a variable $10 monthly cost for 501 to 2500 subscribers. This means if you have less than 1000 subscribers the monthly charge is way more expensive than the Getresponse subscription.