Selecting the right small business CRM software is the next step you have to take once you need to build relationship with customers using a contact management system. Considering its importance, it is essential that you choose a system that meets your unique needs. With huge numbers of providers, unfortunately, this sometimes becomes a difficult job.
As a small business owner hiring a consultant or getting a professional recommendation is a costly option. In addition, you may also not have other resources available to big businesses. For this reason, consider learning the five points before you buy CRM software.
Things to Consider When Comparing CRM Solutions
These five major points can help you to select the best CRM for small business.
1. Your business strategy. Check whether or not a CRM program is a strategic tool for your business. For a customer centric small business, a CRM application is not a choice, it is a must. But most importantly understand exactly how a CRM solution fits into your strategy.
2. Hosted or web based solution. A web based or an on demand solution is preferable than client based one. Online CRM is cheaper and easier to implement than on premise software. Using Software as a Service (SaaS) system you can pay as you go because your Application Service Provider (ASP) will take care of everything related to the software.
3. Budget. For most business owners this point often comes up first. There are on demand CRM solutions that can automate and improve your sales, marketing and customer management at $70 per month or less. However, only compare the price once you are sure the benefits that are offered by each provider are suitable to your needs.
4. Scalability or room to grow. Consider choosing a system that can easily accommodate the growth of your customer base and allow for more capabilities as your company’s size expand. This can help prevent you from the troubles of changing provider when they cannot meet your future needs.
5. Compatibility with existing systems. Having a detailed inventory of the existing software is useful in working as a guide to pick the right system. This can help you integrate new CRM software with other systems in play. You can also have a smoother transition as you don’t have to deal with several new technologies.
Compare Small Business CRM Software Solutions
CRM software can do a lot of things but it is important for you to know exactly what is required of the solution. Using the above five points create specifications of what is desired from the software. With a detailed list of what is needed from the software, start reviewing the options.
To get the right information you can either directly visit reputable software companies or go to software comparison sites. Select several recommended CRM companies and get free CRM software — a trial version or a demo. Learn whether or not the program allow you to customize it to your specific business needs.
Finally, write a detailed comparison of the CRM systems based on your specifications. Choose small business CRM software that meets or exceeds your requirements and is still within your budget. Make sure also you work with a vendor that knows your industry and is dependable on product support, upgrades, and anything else you might need.